The Oxford AHSN Patient Safety Collaborative (PSC) was delighted to welcome over 90 delegates to our third annual conference, held at Milton Hill Hotel, Abingdon, on 25 May 2017. A full report on the day is available.
Feedback from the ‘From assurance to inquiry: conversations about safety’ conference was overwhelmingly positive, the delegates engaging wholeheartedly with the presentations from our speakers. Delegates described the theme of the conference as being ‘human and insightful’. Opportunities to network and share learning were appreciated.
One of our excellent speakers, James Titcombe OBE, Patient Safety Specialist, commented on Twitter: “Really enjoyed #OXPSC2 and meeting lots of lovely people passionate about patient safety”.
Guy Rooney, Medical Director, Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, posted on Twitter: “Thanks to @OxfordAHSN @PS_Oxford for an excellent event today! Looking forward to next year!!”
The Patient Safety team also presented posters of their work:
- A regional approach to acute kidney injury – presented at the British Renal Society, April 2017
- Developing a regional sepsis pathway – presented at the PSC National Conference, May 2017
- Reducing swab retention never events in maternity – presented at the IHI International Quality Conference, April 2017
- Reducing AWOL from psychiatric wards
- Improving safety along the paediatric gastrostomy pathway
- Establishing a regional pressure damage prevention programme
- Capability and capacity building – our vision for the Oxford AHSN region
Follow the links below to view the presentations:
- Assurance is never enough, Dr Suzette Woodward, Director, Sign up to Safety and James Titcombe OBE, Patient Safety Specialist, Datix Ltd
- Healthcare Safety Investigation Branch, Keith Conradi, Chief Investigator
- Conversations about safety: what does inquiry mean for us? – Dr Suzette Woodward, Director, Sign up to Safety
You can read more about the work of the Oxford AHSN Patient Safety Collaborative in the Oxford Patient Safety Annual Report 2017.