Read the Oxford AHSN mental health newsletter here (Spring 2019).
Fran Butler was appointed to the new post of Mental Health Programme Lead for the Oxford AHSN in 2018. Fran previously worked on dementia projects within the AHSN. Fran is working with NHS trusts, Sustainability and Transformation Parterships, Integrated Care Systems, industry and other AHSNs to improve mental healthcare and wellbeing, as well as identifying and spreading innovations in mental health and patient safety projects across the Oxford AHSN region which covers three million people. Another key role is connecting innovators to potential sources of funding.
Our current mental health priorities include:
- Sleepio – the online sleep improvement programme is now available free without referral or prescription to all in the Oxford AHSN region
- Anxiety and Depression Network – achieving and sustaining high recovery rates
- Dementia webinars – supporting a culture of collaboration and reducing variation
- Care homes dementia best practice network – helping care homes provide quality care to people living with dementia
- Strategic and industry partnerships – Oxford AHSN team supporting new products and services to improve mental health services
- Improving care for emergency department frequent attenders – regional collaboration funded by Q Exchange sharing best practice
- Serenity integrated mentoring (SIM) – one of seven national programmes supported by all AHSNs integrating mental healthcare and policing for people with complex mental health needs
- Early intervention in psychosis – improving quality and safety during transfers
Further information: firstname.lastname@example.org