There are five main clinical aims (primary drivers) that the collaborative is seeking to improve throughout maternity and neonatal services in England.
Five primary drivers and change packages
- Increasing the proportion of smoke free pregnancies
- Improving the optimisation and stabilisation of the very preterm infant
- Improving detection and management of diabetes in pregnancy
- Improving the detection and management of neonatal hypoglycaemia
- Improving the early recognition and management of deterioration of either mother or baby during or soon after birth
Teams are encouraged to diagnose where their highest areas for improvement lie and to lead quality improvement projects locally using the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) model for improvement.