The Thames Valley Local Learning System is held quarterly to support local Trusts in quality improvement learning, design of local projects and measurement.
Aims of the Local Learning System
- To develop a sustainable improvement forum/learning community
- To connect key stakeholders including mothers from across Thames Valley to share and learn from each other as part of a ‘continuous improvement and learning system’
- To develop Improvement capability and capacity through taught/interactive sessions
- To encourage appropriate measurement of improvement and outcomes
- To ensure alignment of the MNSHC programme and where possible with the Local Maternity System (LMS) plans, Neonatal Operational Delivery Network (ODN) and Maternity Clinical Network (MCN) plans where gaps within the 5 primary outcomes are noted
- To create opportunities for system level improvement / scale up
Some improvement work will require a system-wide approach to deliver a sustainable solution. The LLS can facilitate this as it will span boundaries; transcending individual organisations, professions, hierarchies and sectors. They access the intelligence that is already available in the system and bring the wisdom and expertise to bear on what the community is trying to achieve.